PPC10, 2011, Smolenice, SlovakiaThe 10th International Workshop on Positron and Positronium Chemistry (PPC10) will be held in Smolenice, Slovakia, in the period from September 5 to 9, 2011. The Workshop continues the long tradition of previous PPC workshops that started in 1978 in Blacksburg, VA, USA. The PPC10 Workshop is organized in cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna, Austria, which also sponsors the Workshop.
The purpose of the Workshop is to bring together scientists and researchers interested in studying various aspects of positron and positronium chemistry and to report on new results and achievements as well as on novel experimental and theoretical methods in this field. The Workshop Organizers cordially invite you to participate in the PPC10 Workshop. The following topics will be discussed during the Workshop.
Scope of the WorkshopThe primary scope of the meeting is the direct information exchange and fertilization of positron annihilation methods in various research disciplines specified bellow.
- Fundamental aspects of positron and positronium chemistry: interaction of positrons and positronia with matter, Ps formation, Ps trapping and thermalization, lifetime of Ps
- Polymers and soft matter
- Liquid and multiphase systems
- Porous materials, nanostructured and confined systems
- Surfaces, interfaces, membranes and layered structures
- Interaction of positrons and positronia with atoms and molecules, multi-Ps systems
- Biological and medical applications
- Non-metallic solids
- Complex alloys with nano-features for nuclear applications
- Studies of materials for hydrogen energy technology
- Advances in experimental techniques
- Using positron beams in the field of positron and positronium chemistry